Distance Learning During the COVID-19 Pandemic
During these unsure times, there’s no greater need than now to act safely for your protection, and that of your family, friends, and co-workers. Our live instructor-led distance learning courses give students the opportunity to complete their training safely at home or the job site.
You will be able to engage with the instructor in real-time, download all course materials, pose questions and receive immediate responses, participate in group exercises, and more.
All you need is access to an internet connection, a computer or tablet, a web camera, a microphone, and to download the Zoom app. All virtual distance learning courses are actively proctored from start to finish ensuring that each student is present, involved and accounted for.
Benefits of Distance Learning
- Affordability – Long distance learning is generally very affordable. Plus you have the added benefit of being able to take as many courses at one time as you can afford.
- Study in the comfort of your own home – This is ideal if you find that you have no time to attend scheduled classes or that you detest sitting in a classroom.
- Effectiveness – Long distance learning is a very effective tool in the day and age of technology. It gives you the ability to interact with updated and extensive information.
- Interactive -You will find that you have to interact very closely with the course materials and the other students, whether you meet them or not You may find that you are more apt to ask questions in a non-classroom setting than in the classroom. This will increase the amount that you learn and benefit from the course.
- Ease & Simplicity – It is easy to apply online and order your course material, having it sent to your home.
Distance learning is an effective and successful way to continue your education while working from the comfort of your own home. The pace and schedule of learning are entirely in your hands.
- Students will need to have access to an internet connection, a computer or tablet with access to a web camera, microphone, and download the Zoom app.
- Full technical recommendations can be found here.
- Watch support guidelines to understand Zoom Operations better
- Our virtual classroom policies and best-practices guide can be found here.
Available Instructor-Led Distance Learning Courses
In response to the mandatory COVID-19 non-essential business shutdowns, we’re offering the following instructor-led virtual CPO approved courses as distance learning options.
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Part 1
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Part 2
- Joint Health and Safety Committee Refresher